Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Avoid Distractions and Negative People...

Salam and Good Day,

Sitting in this small chair and staring at the laptop reminds me about what my mentor, had advised me few years back about distractions.

Distractions are the biggest enemy which can deviate us from the 'original goal and target' ... and for the long term results, stealing our dream and purpose in life. I reminded myself about this issue day after day....reminding and keep reminding that distractions will not only come from individual's habit or negative attitude but also influences that come from the closest friend, belongings or even our own pet.

I want to ask you all something....

e.g. Let see you want to get excellent result in your exam...what are the major temporary distractions that will hold you away from this????

Some of you may or may not realized...but i received most complain saying,

1. I always watch TV more than I study
2. I am sick.
3. Tired.
4. Lot of social society work need to be accomplished.
5. I always stick to the video game.
6. I can't resist internet.
7. I always think about food.
8. My friend always ask me out.
8. etc.

Well...let me tell you what my mentor always said to me previously to overcome distractions.

1. Try to eliminate it or if you can't .... just keep trying.
2. Try to minimized it slowly.
3. And, if you still can't do anything...please refer to step no. 1

Conclusion = ELIMINATE ALL DISTRACTIONS OR NEGATIVE PEOPLE THAT YOU THINK WILL HARM YOUR GOAL AND DREAMS

Because by the end of the day, they are only the commentators and 'permanent distractors'.

Example that I have done to eliminate distractions (sometimes only temporary to achieve certain goal e.g. long run study or work)

1. When I prone to surf internet more when I want to study...I disconnect the plug.
2. When I think this person have something he/she want from me purposely that can let me to laziness...avoid them.
3. When I think 'this kind of social meeting' waste my time...never attend.
4. When I think 'this kind of people' will bring me harm...repel them.
5. When I always listen to music and wasting my time...switch off or even hide the source that contribute to it.
6. When people always comment the way you did your job...let them.

Simply say, distractions may appear small or big, the only thing is, you need to be wise avoiding them.

Remember, distractions and negative people can take your dream away.

You need to be wise handling them.

What about negative people? What Should You Do to Avoid them?....JUST AVOID OR REPEL THEM AS FAR AS U CAN TEMPORARILY.

Negative people that I meant.

1. The one who promised you something but never fulfilled it.
2. The one who is not punctual with time.
3. Lazy people.
4. Lack of discipline towards him/herself.
5. The one that always say 'You can't do it..."
6. Always say something is too impossible to achieve.
7. Many more.....

One of the key to failure is to let distractions, distract you......

So, today find your goal...recognized you distractions...and eliminate anything that may lead you to nowhere.

Good luck.

'Holding a golden key meant nothing unless it can be used to open the door'- as my idol always say.


-AzmyDk-

No comments: